Tuesday, March 06, 2007

More Signs Of Spring


I was a day late and a dollar short when a train collided with a truck pulling a loaded horse trailer this morning. It happened less than a mile from the house. We heard the sirens but the fog was so heavy we couldn't see much. I verified what had happened with a neighbor who lives closer. So much for being a reporter/photographer on the scene! I never seem to have my camera handy when needed. Oh well. I'm really only a Blogger. Might as well accept that.

But this afternoon; ah, glorious! The fog lifted. The sun was out; the sky brilliant blue. The bulbs are emerging and the pond ice melted revealing 25 old friends soaking up the rays! They're still sluggish and easy to count.

But the surest sign, and so far the most elusive, are the Killdeer. They're here, shrieking their fool heads off. They were hunting grubs in the front yard when we returned from running errands. Where's the camera! By the time I got it they had moved on. But I'll get 'em. You wait and see!

1 comment:

Betty said...

It is looking like spring here, too. Time to turn on the A/C, almost. When it gets upwards of 75, I'm HOT! Hope everyone in the wreck was ok.