Sunday, April 08, 2007

Rural Renewal

There he sits. Like he owns the place. Easter Sunday and my chore is giving another eviction notice.

Then I got to thinking. Why not see if there might be some Prairie Home Companion Improvement Funds to dress up his dwelling if I can't get rid of it. Maybe our Homeowners' Association would help out. The question is how to approach them. Then I thought of the Lake City Development Corporation and how it works. I have too much money of my own to qualify for a grant. Hmmm. Okay. I have the money to eradicate the pesky guy. I'd also be ridding the neighborhood of an undesirable eyesore. I should be compensated for my efforts.

If our Homeowners' Association plays like the big guys, as I understand it, they would, over time, repay me for my expenses plus interest. Wow. Heck of a deal.

There is a problem however. The other neighbors who pay into the Association may not care for me getting a share of their money for my personal project. Nah. They'd never go for it. You can bank on it.

1 comment:

Bill McCrory said...

Mari,

What a great post! The magpie is the perfect symbol for our local urban renewal district.