Friday, February 29, 2008

Conduct Unbecoming

Let me see how this works. People throw money at candidate Clinton to the tune of $35,000,000 in February alone. For that and how many millions more, what exactly are we getting?

She lost in Iowa. Well, it was a caucus state so it didn't mean much. Then she started losing some small primary states. They weren't important either because they really didn't reflect the will of the nation. Michigan and Florida lost their delegates because of a rules infringement set by the Democratic Party. She wants them to count.

Now she wants to sue the state of Texas because of how they divvy up their delegates. Okay, let's sum it up. You don't count because of your methods. You don't count because you don't reflect the nation. You have to count because I cheated to get you. You have to change or I'll sue you.

Curious strategy for a candidate who needs every delegate she can muster. Insulting those who did vote for you doesn't strike me as a prudent way to maintain support should you reach the general election. Yet the money keeps coming.

Political tactics are at best confusing. Candidates sink to the lowest common denominator to get votes. They insult and ridicule their opponents while singing their own praises. They want you to believe that they are the only individual remotely capable of making nation threatening decisions and their opponents have the mentality of an imbecile. Campaigns bring out the worst in them. At least that's what I'd like to think. Though sometimes I wonder. More and more I find myself wondering if it isn't showing more of their true nature.

My way or the highway. If you don't play by my rules I'm taking my ball and going home.

Hmmm. Maybe that's not such a bad idea.

1 comment:

Word Tosser said...

The money started to come in because she played the "the boys are getting a better deal from the public and media than I am" card

And playing the who is going to answer the red phone ad isn't too great either.. scare tactic