Saturday, February 23, 2008

What's Next?

This is one of those unsolicited forwards that always seem to be filling my mailbox. It was titled something along the lines of why Bill is like he is. It's one of the few I opened and I laughed. It also brought to mind the question that if Hillary gets the nomination which Hillary will we get.; Shrill Hil or the warm and fuzzy model women seem to fall all over.

I must say I've found this Democratic primary season energizing. I, like most of you, have a preference. Both candidates are strong, their positions vary little. The main difference is a matter of style rather than substance. Whether you want to admit it or not, both have substance.

That they might share the ticket I find highly unlikely. The "Bill" factor is the main reason. I can't see Barack wanting to be a "co VP" any more than wanting one. Nor do I see Hillary wanting the number two slot. Though it isn't over until it's over.

My reasons for preferring Barack over Hillary for the presidency is a matter of temperament. Using teary eyes to soften up the sympathy vote is one thing; I don't see it working on obstinate middle eastern leaders who think little of women to begin with. A willingness to listen and talk rather than throwing down ultimatums seems to be a tactic untried of late. The tactic of ultimations has been weakened by lack of follow through by the current Administration. Ummm. That would mean "hope" that a "change" in approach might be more successful.

With McCain's current image problems taking front and center, the cozyness with lobbyists past and present, the "maverick" reputation; stubborness, concerns me as to how he would play on the world stage.

Policy differences can be addressed by those we elect to represent us. How the world views us will be addressed by who we elect as President. We can only "hope".

1 comment:

Word Tosser said...

Where do these photographers sit to get these pictures??? Never have I seen soooooo many bad pictures of one person.. Not movie stars, or any one else. You almost have to laugh as they are such terrible pictures.