I haven't been giving updates on Bacchus because there are still a multitude of issues being sorted out. Dosage issues. Side effect issues. He had a heart monitor on for 24 hours; we're awaiting the analysis from that.
He's more perky the last several days and has finally gotten back to eating dog food. Heaven forfend! No more people food except to get his pills. He always has been a picky eater.
His liver enzymes have spiked. The cardiologist wants an ultrasound but our vet and Hub, my researcher supreme, did their own research and find that one of his meds will do this and will correct itself so we're not rushing into anything until we get a couple of more readings.
We've resumed walking. Not as far as we used to go, but nearly so and at his pace, which never would have taxed either his heart nor mine!
Basically we're still in limbo. The prognosis remains the same. He could go on for a year or so or have an episode that could end it all in seconds. The next couple of weeks we'll be testing and checking various things often. Meanwhile our dear old fuzzy face is snoring softly here in the office with Hub and me. It's the most beautiful sound in the world.
And for those of you who asked, thanks. It means a lot.
UPDATE ON THE UPDATE
Just spoke to our vet and Bacchus's liver enzymes are coming down. We'll have them plus some blood levels of medications checked again next Tuesday. It will make for a more peaceful weekend!