Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Like A Dog Meowing?

Watch out Susan Boyle, you've got competition! Wow. I've got to start watching Britain's Got Talent. It's true!

This time it's a young Welsh waiter who looks every bit the part of an androgynous rocker. When he chats with the judges the tone of his voice is that of a normal young man. What you will hear is the last thing you'd ever expect.

Two years ago Paul Potts, a tenor, sang the same song, Nessum Dorma, and is now what this young man aspires to be - a worldwide performer. It brings to mind what a trouser role in reverse might be given the opportunity.



A few more contestents like Potts, Boyle and now Pritchard, some enterprising composer should pen an opera around Britain's Got Talent winners!

5 comments:

Peggy said...

I have to tell you that I was as surprised as Simon when this lad started singing. I closed my eyes and enjoyed every minute! Thank you for finding this!

Anonymous said...

I'm still chuckling. I have honestly never heard of a male soprano. I thought more of a falsetto. And I do wonder what he would sound like singing in his regular voice. He certainly has talent. And a dog meowing...thats funny! CU

Word Tosser said...

There was a young boy who sang a week after Susan sang, who was so great....
All I can say, is that I sure am glad I am not the judge. But I guess it is the audience that decides...sadly it will go for the most popular not so much the talent.

Fi from Four Paws and Whiskers said...

I have had a lot of fun watching the clips from this over here in New Zealand - missed this one - wow...

http://fourpawsandwhiskers.blogspot.com/search/label/musical

Cant see where to follow you :(
would love to read more
fi

Fi from Four Paws and Whiskers said...

Aha - found it - following now :)