Thursday, April 08, 2010

Blogging - What It Is And Isn't - To Me!

I've mulled awhile as to whether or not to write this post. I'm thinking that as a blogger one needs to be thick skined. On the national stage perhaps so, but on the local level, when being used by another person's blog, I think not. So I'm going to get it out of my system.

It used to be fun and for the most part still is. I like to think out loud, express my opinions and vent my frustrations. Sometimes I even try humor. This is not one of those times. What seems perfectly clear to me as the intent of a post, it seems not to be to others. Most of my readers, those who actually come to my blog and read it seem to be with me on this. When they don't agree they either don't comment or express their views in a civil manner without assuming anything they don't know to be true about me.

Perhaps I do need a thicker skin, but when another blog "front pages" my work and that blog's pit bulls shred me on a regular basis it gets a bit tiring. I don't appreciate being used as bait. If they actually knew me, or read my posts on a regular basis, or I knew them it wouldn't bother me nearly as much. To be savaged by strangers who are unknown to me is not fun. My name is on my blog. It is no secret. Between that and Facebook I'm a pretty open book. I'm married, I love my husband, I loved my dog even though many of them couldn't understand my grief when he was so desperately ill because he was "just a dog". I don't write about local politics because I have too many friends involved and I'd not want to do damage, unknowingly as it may be. Been there, done that and it wasn't fun.

I could go on that blog and defend myself? No. I don't think so. I don't want to enter into a fray which is mean spirited and ignorant about what my political philosophy is, what's more what frames it.

I would guess I get my information from far more sources than they are even aware of, what's more the one's of which they would have me be a sycophant. That they cannot tell a rant of frustration, in which there would be no links to sources backing up the information, to one of serious commentary that do have said links tells me they are not themselves worthy of my frustration. However, as I said, it does get tiresome.

Is it not obvious to them in their criticism of my supposedly right wing thinking they are just as guilty of unmovable thinking of the far left? Just a thought.

I'm going to keep doing what I do. You want to discuss it? Fine. If you don't that's fine too. Just don't assume you are all knowing about what and how I think and don't use me as bait for your dog fights.

I don't like Michael Vick and right now I don't like you - whoever you are.

3 comments:

Betty said...

I don't blame you for being frustrated. It is just as well that you don't comment on the other blog, because that would only encourage them. If they wanted a discussion, they would comment on your blog, and let you answer. Don't let their sniping discourage you. I have known bloggers to quit blogging altogether when they have come under criticism. But, when they do that, they lose. Keep on blogging, and expressing your opinion. And, when you and I don't agree on something, I'll comment - nicely and welcome your answer.

Grammyof13 said...

Well you sound like me when I have a "burr under my saddle" on occasion. I get anonymous comments occasionally, and I am not even a controversial blogger. I just bleep 'em out! Hang in there. Love your way with words.
Blessings.

Donna said...

I like the way you speak your mind and that you did come to your senses on our present administration. In looking at the amount of our national debt with more being added every day I'm not sure we can ever recover.

People with open minds are national treasures but I'm not sure we have too many of them. The rage and hate
in our society terrifies me and I'm
glad I'm old!

Keep up the good fight!
Donna in Arkansas