Thursday, March 03, 2011

I'm Exhausted!

Thoroughly and completely.  Two things have contributed to this.  One, I've been going through numerous check ups and tests as I approach the beginning of a new decade.  It's mostly an annual ritual, but it seems a lot this year.  That in itself is tiring.  There are things I'd much rather be doing than going to doctor's offices and waiting.  waiting for my appointment.  Waiting for tests.  Waiting for the results.  Sheesh.  Fortunately, except for the degenerative arthritis, I'm not in bad shape for an old gal.

The other thing that has me thoroughly exhausted is watching everything that's happening in the world we live in.  I'm so tired of what's going on I can't even get my ire pumped up enough to blog about it.  Everyone is fighting.  The mid-east is on fire.  Other countries are just hungering to follow suit.  Who wants to hear any more about it?  Especially what I may think!

This country is a mess.  Everyone is fighting.  No one wants to stop shouting long enough to listen.  We're in an economic mess - cities, counties, states  and the country as a whole. You'd think it was only the teachers.  Hello?  We're all feeling it!  At least you have jobs.  Unless you blow it. Yet we fight.  You can sacrifice but don't ask anything of me !  Prices continue to escalate.  Gas is ridiculous, food is getting there.  We haven't gone out to dinner for ages, it's the food and the gas!  Well, that's a bit of an exaggeration.  But it may be true for some.  We've just become hermits.  Being winter and all and, yes, the climate created by the politics.

I'm overdue in my workshop now.  It has become a welcome refuge.  I can bury myself in the creation of my little chess people and be in another world until Hub asks if I intend to prepare some dinner.  Afterward I retreat to the den and read.  Something I haven't done enough of recently.  It too lets me escape into a more pleasant place.  Watching television certainly doesn't.

This may last no longer than today.  It all depends on what the papers bring in the morning.  But for today, well I'm off to my shop.  I'm painting Alice.  The walrus is waiting and the carpenter is in progress.  I'm off.  Down the rabbit hole.

3 comments:

Margie's Musings said...

Gee, Mari, I sorry you're so down. I hope tomorrow is a better day.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy!

Word Tosser said...

I know where you are coming from.. paper, television.. weather... boy Spring better come quick..lol..
But being in the shop is good for you.. it is good for the soul.. any crativity is good for the soul, and one needs that in these turmoil times.. I find I, too am reading more..