Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Patience Isn't Always Prudent

What's the difference between soap opera and the Obama administration?  With soap opera you can walk away for weeks on end and little will have changed in the story line.  With the Obama administration much the same is true except for the theatrical agonizing that goes into changing nothing.

With that thought in mind I leave for a drive over Going to the Sun Highway in Glacier National Park before it closes next weekend.  I'll only be gone a couple of days and figure I'll come back to find nothing has changed.  Even if there is another beheading.

Everyone agrees that this President is very contemplative.  I question whether he really contemplates anything or rather it's just a ploy to delay action.  I do know you can't make a problem go away by thinking it to death.  I mean how can you execute a war and deploy troops on a case by case basis?

Meanwhile people die and territory is lost.  Now there is rumor ISIS is in Mexico and have plans for crossing into this country and beginning their campaign of terror with a series of car bombings.  Of course Homeland Security and the FBI say there is no credible threat of this nature but it wouldn't surprise me if there was some credence to it.

On that cheery note I take my leave.  I'm sure we'll see some snow at the top; a Mountain Goat would make it perfect.


No comments: