Monday, October 10, 2005

Ahhhhh Autumn

Hubby and I were all cranked up to head out to the Doug Clark Roast yesterday when a beautiful fall day intervened. With 5 acres to care for we jump on such days. So the lawn got mowed one more time, shrubs pruned, pond filters cleaned - all under the watchful supervision of the large dog. There's still a patch of lawn left unmowed because he wouldn't surrender his place in the shade.

Even the walk this morning was silent and peaceful. Fog. Nice respit from the coyote concert during the deep dark hours of the night! The colors are a bit subdued this year (or maybe its my cataracts) but I do love this calm befor the storm. It's almost like a sauna (without the heat) - the kinks just ease away. In fact I think I'm going to go back out now, scratch some ears and watch my goldfish lazy around the pond a bit.

No comments: