Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Spunk Or Punk?

I've gotten tired of Sarah Palin complaining about the abuse her kids get from the media. If she hadn't trotted them out, including at the time unmarried and pregnant Bristol, perhaps the media would have let well enough alone.

She is, however, still complaining yet is front row in promoting Bristol and her finally ended run on Dancing With the Stars . Bristol lost. She deserved to lose and to have been booted long before the finals. The politics behind these shows is legendary so the speculation about Tea Party voters en masse is probably true.

I am glad Jennifer Grey won. I've never watched the show, it's not my (ahem) cup of tea, but I have seen Jennifer Grey dance. Years ago. With Patrick Swayze in Dirty Dancing . Not that many watched her, most female eyes being on Patrick. But she did dance and certainly held her own. That she can still do it at 50 while dealing with neck and back pain is deserving of a win on that alone!

But you know what? Another reason I'm glad Grey won is because Bristol lacks class. Maybe it's symbolic of the whole family after listening to the dialog between them on Sarah's Alaska escapade. Bristol did not take losing well. She had
this
to say,
"Going out there and winning this would mean a lot. It would be like a big middle finger to all the people out there who hate my mom and me."
Classy.

I watched the skeet shooting episode with Sarah and Bristol and came away with another less than favorable impression. Frustrated because of her mother trying to help her shoot properly, she stunned Mom with the admonishment "Take your prom hair back home!"

Prom hair? If I had said that, in the tone she used to my Mom, I'd have been back home myself and none too happy about it. Mom, taken aback, didn't know whether to be angry with the sass or admire Bristol's spunk! Spunk? No. I don't like Bristol very much. For entirely different reasons and in a different context for which I do not care for her Mother.

What they do have in common, though, is that they bring their bad press on all by themselves.

2 comments:

marlu said...

Remember when mothers used to say, "Do not sass me, young lady!"

I do. Maybe they don't say that anymore. Maybe they need to.

Margie's Musings said...

They would have been better off to have stayed out of the limelight. A lack of class will always come out..especially at bad moments. You can't hide it.