Saturday, August 17, 2013

Too Many Walls

The Vietnam Memorial Wall and it's accompanying War On Terror Wall is in town for the weekend.

Hub lost his law school roommate in the war, a Navy pilot shot down and never recovered.  We went to find his name and give a nod of honor and remembrance.

Having never seen the full scale wall in Washington I was overwhelmed with the immensity of even this scaled down version.  I stopped in my tracks and my eyes teared.  As so many before me have thought, "So many names!"    

As the world seems to be imploding around us it brought to mind that each and everyone one of those war dead has a name and those who loved them.  What a waste of so many human lives.  American lives.

It makes me more determined than ever to keep voicing my opposition to those who feel they have the right to demolish our constitution for their own ends.  All the names on these walls gave their lives so it couldn't happen.  We owe it to them to let it not have been in vain. I will be out of town for the next week. I can think of nothing better to leave you with to contemplate.


 

No comments: