Thursday, December 29, 2016

To Blog Or Not To Blog

I've been at this a good many years now.  I'm wondering if it's time to hang it up.

Dogwalk Musings began as just that.  I wrote about things I thought about while walking my dog.  It could have been about anything.  Like the surprise seeing people around here still hung their laundry outside to dry.  I could never figure it out because the wind is constant and so is the dust.

Some topics were semi-serious, some not.  Anything political was usually local and more than likely tongue in cheek because at the time I was acquainted with a lot of people.

I had my 15 minutes of fame when the local newspaper blog meister gave my name to a reporter who wanted to interview senior bloggers.  That story led to a flurry of activity that I thoroughly enjoyed.  I met people on line with whom I'm still "friends", mostly on Facebook now.  I had old friends recognize my name and got in touch.  It was great.

When Obama ran for President I became more political.  I had such high hopes for him I overlooked everything to which I should have paid attention. Then it turned toward the disappointments. Over eight years it wore me out.

Along the way my wonderful walking companion had lived out his life.  I kept the name of the blog the same in his honor.

Now we approach a new time, a new administration with new expectations with caveats. I'm not sure I have the energy to follow it with the intensity I had before.  Heck, even my clip art source has raised its price so much I can no longer justify the membership.

So what am I going to do?  I haven't the slightest idea.




No comments: