Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Games People Play

Okay ladies, round two! I'll do one more after today. That will be quite enough self promotion for awhile. Maybe one day I'll actually get my web site built. Anyway, here we go...

Some sets take longer than others to complete. I had this one nearly ready to go for the 2000 Olympics in Salt Lake City but could not get a gallery interested because I wasn't an officially licensed artist - nor was I about to become one. The Lewis and Clark set was suggested so I put this one aside for nearly a year then came back to it for what I hoped would work for the 2002 Olympics.

What the heck; I figured every two years I've got a chance since its the summer athletes versus the winter ones. 2004 came and went, 2006 - well maybe 2008. If all else fails I'll put loops on them and sell them for Christmas ornaments!

I read through histories of the Games and chose athletes from the most long standing and traditional of the sports. Not being able to use anything Olympic I opted for the Greek and French flags for the pawns, commemorating the first games and the first winter games. Mini Mountains and pillar ruins serve as rooks.




Last one comes tomorrow...

2 comments:

Word Tosser said...

These are so awesome.... while I knew you had a brillant mind, I had no idea, your fingers worked such magic.

StibitzRK said...

(((Ahhh Hemmmm)))...in a very deep voice. Lady huh? LOL

Self promote away. I love looking at your chess sets. Very nice work, each with a great theme and story.