Friday, November 17, 2006

Maturity Reigns!

I know cutting and pasting is the lazy way to post but I thought this worthy and it is Friday. A friend of mine e-mailed this to me today and I just must share! For all my "peers" and those who aren't quite yet - enjoy. It's coming! It's unavoidable. It's better than the alternative. So have a good, hearty laugh and enjoy.

Julie Andrews, to commemorate her 69th birthday, made a special appearance at Manhattan's Radio City Music Hall for the benefit of the AARP.

One of the musical numbers she performed was her own special take on "My Favorite Things" from "The Sound Of Music."

Here are the lyrics she used:

Maalox and nose drops and needles for knitting,
Walkers and handrails and new dental fittings,
Bundles of magazines tied up in string,
These are a few of my favorite things.

Cadillacs and cataracts and hearing aids and glasses,
Polident and Fixodent and false teeth in glasses,
Pacemakers, golf carts and porches with swings,

When the pipes leak,
When the bones creak,
When the knees go bad,
I simply remember my favorite things,
And then I don't feel so bad.

Hot tea and crumpets and corn pads for bunions,
No spicy hot food or food cooked with onions,
Bathrobes and heating pads and hot meals they bring,
These are a few of my favorite things.

Back pains, confused brains, and no fear of sinnin',
Thin bones and fractures and hair that is thinnin',
And we won't mention our short shrunken frames,
When we remember our favorite things.

When the joints ache,
When the hips break,
When the eyes grow dim,
Then I remember the great life I've had,
And then I don't feel so bad.

Ms. Andrews received a standing ovation from the crowd that lasted over four minutes and repeated encores.
~~~~~
It has been brought to my attention since posting the above that Ms. Andrews most likely did NOT sing this because of the loss of her vocal abilities due to botched surgery. If that be true, my apologies. The point however is the fun of the lyrics. They still made me laugh and its still how I'm ending the week! Do re mi fa so la ti do!

1 comment:

Tumblewords: said...

Cut'n paste may be lazy but what more worthy way to slip into a weekend than this glimpse of humor? How funny. Hard to believe she's THAT old!