Monday, January 28, 2008

Winter Wonderland??

Snow. We've had a ton of it and more is coming. And I mean a ton! While the quantity may match the snows we had back in upstate New York, the quality is a whole different matter! Here it is wet and heavy. You can get a hernia, or worse, trying to shovel it. The snow blower doesn't put out the rooster tail it would with powder, but more like sludge being flushed from a drain pipe.

Lots of photos are being posted so I thought I'd put up a few of my own. The first one is to show how hard the wind blows on the prairie. Look at the angle of those icicles! The other two represent quantity and beauty. It is, after all, winter in northern Idaho.





5 comments:

Idaho Dad said...

I had fun shoveling snow this winter... the first time. The 17th time, not so much.

Yesterday I asked my neighbor, "Miss California yet?" He actually hesitated for a moment before saying, "No, not yet."

Anonymous said...

I'm not an Obama supporter because I
have difficulty with them all BUT his
turning away last night and snubbing Hillary is childish behavior. Even
Ted Kennedy is savvy enough to shake her hand. I fear Obama's behavior speaks volumes about what he might do in more serious situations.
Donna in Arkansas

Anonymous said...

Snow is, indeed, a four letter word!

Mari Meehan said...

Donna,

If you look at the entire sequence Obama had already turned away when Hillary extended her hand to Kennedy. I wouldn't be inclined to read too much into incidences like these or be too quick to brand anyone childish. Emotions are running high right now between the two camps. A perceived slight is not necessarily what it may appear. Just ask Bill.

Anonymous said...

I looked at the sequences run on last night's news and I agree it is unclear. What I did not like was his
vague answer on the news shows the day after. As I said previously, I do
not know where my vote is going to land and there is a long time yet to
see what happens. I also remember when the endorsement of Ted Kennedy
would have meant the kiss of death.
Since both Bill and Hill courted them
in the past and tried to stop the Obama endorsement the whole business is just politics as usual. A great big YAWN!
Donna in Arkansas