Saturday, September 13, 2008

Is Palin Fadin'

With Hurricane Ike fading, I wonder if herrican Sarah will follow suit. It would be nice to get down to the issues between the two Presidential candidates but I expect Ms. Palin, like a bad penny, is not going away.

I was thinking back to when Bush was being scrutinized by the press and was asked who the new leader of Pakistan was. He didn't know and made a flip reply asking if it was some sort of test. Well, yes. It was Musharraf. Sarah Palin's sidestepping Charles Gibson's question regarding her opinion of the Bush Doctrine reminded me of that incident. Talk about more of the same!

I realize that by having Russia next door to Alaska, Ms. Palin is an expert in foreign policy. I, however, have a few other questions I'd like to know if she can answer without being coached or having the answers written on the palms of her hands.

Who is the President of Russia?

Where is Czechoslovakia? Don't look to McCain for help on this one.

Which two South American countries have just expelled the U.S. ambassadors? Why?

Where is Georgia and who is the governor?

What's the difference between a Sunni and a Shiia?

And, oh yeah, who is the new leader in Pakistan and what is his claim to fame?

I could go on, but you get the drift.

Now. Mr. McCain and Mr. Obama, it's your turn. Let's get off Letterman and The View, quit calling each other names and start explaining why your solutions to the issues are better than your opponant's, how you really expect to pay for them and what you intend to do if Congress says, "No!".

If you don't, those of us who actually think about these things will be so tuned out we won't bother voting for either of you. The youth dynamic will fade away one more time and America will limp along the path to third world status. Chinese and Arab money will own us and the Russians will rule us.

Michael Moore or Oliver Stone will make a film about it. Which of these political celebrities, who answer few questions yet autograph kazillions of campaign signs, will want to star?

6 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Ah, you are so right on! I've already started a piece on Palin being soooo not ready. Not sure she'll ever be, because she doesn't seem to feel it is necessary to know the answer to these questions. Thanks for confirming the reasons for my crappy attitude!

Margie's Musings said...

Well said!

Word Tosser said...

I didn't like it because of her attitude of just go into a country and get terrorist, even tho the country says no... I didn't like it because when asked if Russia keeps up with Georgia, would she go to war, and she said yes.(not in those words but close enough I got the drift.)
Oh,yea, she has foreign policy experience because Russia she can see it from Alaska.. so does that make me a consulant because I can see Canada from the mountains here, in Idaho?

Anonymous said...

Respectfully, in return, I would like an explanation of Obamas remark to George Stephanopolous regarding his "muslim religion".

Anonymous said...

Anonymous: if you watch the entire segment you won't need an explanation. Obama was talking about how Fox News has been pushing the Muslim meme and he misspoke. Stephanopolous corrected him. Do a search on YouTube and look for a clip that's more than 13 seconds long.

As for Ms. Palin, I too hope the media will get away from the "ooh, here's another shiny object" baloney and get on with the meat of this campaign. But if Palin continues campaigning with McCain, I don't see how that's going to happen.

And I know candidates go on shows like SNL, Letterman, Rachel Ray, etc., to show how much they are just like us, but I find them to be, for the most part, a waste of valuable time.

But we are being repeatedly told undecided voters won't decide based on issues anyhow, so I guess time on Jay Leno is as good as any.

*sigh*

Mari Meehan said...

GYMA, thanks for posting the above comment for anonymous.