Friday, September 23, 2011

The Summer Doldrums

What have I written this week?  Two posts? Man, I just can't get myself psyched up enough to address much of anything.  It's certainly not for a lack of material, that's for sure.  But you know what?  At the moment I'm just plain tired of politics.  And even more tired of complaining.

Is that a refreshing change of pace or what?  I don't do Twitter and very little on Facebook other than an occasional photo and playing the Zoo game.  That is a monumental waste of time but the animals are cute, so what the heck.

So what have I been doing?  Puttering about in the yard.  My acupuncture has gotten me to the point where I'm functioning pretty well.  It's a blessing for the yard, and in a back handed way for my blogging.  It keeps me away from my computer.

I've also been catching up on my spring house cleaning.  I'd like to get it done before the holidays but I'm not pushing it since there's still winterizing the yard and that will take some time.  We've begun pruning. That's a big step!

If I were a modern person I'd be writing all this on either Facebook or Twitter.  I'm anything but a modern person.  I consider it an accomplishment, besides who really cares?

It's hot today.  I'm going to my shop after I write this and work on my chess pieces.  That activity exercises my brain just as much as blogging and puts me in a far better frame of mind.

This too shall probably pass.  With cooler weather coming I'm sure my feisty side will return and I'll be back on my soap box.  There's so much to be said and changing daily. Autumn is officially here.  I'm sure the doldrums will follow summer into the netherworld of things past.  Politics will again spark my interest and I'll be spewing out opinion.  Such is the nature of a blogger.  It permeates one's soul.

No comments: