Saturday, November 24, 2012

Margie, I Apologize

I owe Margie, one of my most faithful readers, a heartfelt apology.  Not long ago I took her to task in my comment section in a most rude and demeaning manner.  Since I did it publicly I decided it was appropriate to apologize publicly.

Since starting this blog in 2005 I've had readers come and go.  Being mostly political readers often disagree with my point of view and rightfully so. Agreeing or not Margie has been with me a lot of that time.

 One thing I'd like to clarify is the opinions and observations I write about are based on what I read in the media, not intense research.  If it slants left, no doubt my source was left leaning.  The same for that which slants right.  I do not use any one source and try to find a balance in what's being reported.  That isn't always easy but suffice it to say NBC and it's affiliates aren't the only extreme lefties and FOX isn't the only one ruled by social conservatives.

All that aside, however, sometimes I just get beaten down by those who insist on wearing blinders and aren't open to a different way of thinking.  Add to that all the negativity which fills the media, of which I  am also often guilty, I just want to scream.

Margie's comment hit me at just such a moment and I lashed out at her.  That's no excuse, just a statement of fact.  I figured she was gone forever but to my surprise I found comments from her the last couple of days.  I was humbled, to say the least.

She and I will never see eye to eye on a lot of topics, but we do on some and it gives us a commonality.  Isn't that how life is? I respect her opinion and most of all I respect her.  She is one who is of my generation who gives a great deal to her community, I would guess also to her friends and difinitely to me.

I hope you will accept my apology.  My behavior was boorish and uncalled for.  Thanks, Margie, for letting my tantrum pass and returning to my pages.  I don't need Facebook to tell me when I've found a friend.

1 comment:

Margie's Musings said...

Mari, of course I accept your apology..although I do not feel you owe me one. There are many opinions on many subjects and they are just that...opinions. Mine as well as yours.

I have never left your blog. I read it every day and if I don't always agree with you, that is just the nature of friendship and certainly there are no hard feelings..