Monday, June 23, 2014

What Can One Say?

I've really been negligent about posting of late.  It isn't that I don't have anything to say.  It's that I don't know what to say.  It's all become quite overwhelming.

For instance, why can't we get a U.S. Marine released from a Mexican jail?  Why can't we prevent thousands of of children from entering our country?  Why can't we approve the Keystone Pipeline?

Is there truth to the idea Hillary has more sever health problems than thought?  Check out Ed Klein's book.  Is it just another vast right wing conspiracy?

How can the IRS lose so may e-mails on such a select few computers?  Why does the press insist in saying the Tea Party elected Dave Brat in Virginia when indeed they didn't even support him?

How can we take Susan Rice seriously as National Security Advisor?  Why can't Secretary of State Kerry stay home?  The leaders in the middle east have more important issues to deal with than listening to his empty dictates. Did he ever wonder if climate change supposedly caused by man might have more to do with the pollution of war than of factories?  Think about it.

Perhaps most of all, why does the President appear to care more about his golf game than America? All of this has been tumbling through my head for weeks now.  So I haven't been writing.  I've been working in the yard and watching baby birds emerge from their nests; having a glass of wine on the front porch at the end of the day, enjoying the breeze and the serenity.

At times I think I'll never look at another paper nor watch another newscast.  But I also know that's wishful thinking.  As my Mom always used to say, "I know I can't do anything about it but I like to keep informed."  Ah, the wisdom of mothers.

As for me? Time is against me.  I've been away too long.  At any moment the mess in my head will demand venting and I'll oblige.  It's just the nature of the beast.

No comments: