Monday, August 18, 2014

Vacation, Sweet Vacation

The President does it.  Congress does it.  Schools do it.  Europe does it for a whole month.  What?  Go on vacation.

Now it's our turn.  In a day or two we'll be gone for a week or two, whatever suits the mood.

It would be nice, too, if the rest the world would take a vacation.  In Iraq, in Syria, in Ukraine and here at home. Take a breather.  Get some rest.  Come back relaxed.  I'm hoping to enjoy some good time with good friends and tranquil scenery.

I'm praying nothing in our travels reminds me of guns or violence or dead kids, for any reason, or frenzied media or over taxed cops.  Wishful thinking?  There was a time it could be accomplished by not turning on the TV.  That seems to no longer be the case but wishful think I will.

We'll see if the wish comes true when I return.  In a week or two, whatever suits the mood.

1 comment:

Betty said...

Have a great time. Wish I could go on vacation about now, too. Maybe later.