Thursday, May 28, 2015

Fiorina Is Something!

I'm still recovering from eyelid surgery.  No, not for cosmetic purposes but because the droop was affecting my vision.

Anyway, not so much I haven't been watching the news.  Have you been watching Carly Florina?  You talk about a straight shooter.  I hope she gains traction because she would give Hillary a run for her money. And a lot of her Republican competition.

I think what I like best is she doesn't sound like a politician.  She sounds like a business woman.  I relate to that much more than I relate to politician-talk. Mostly because there is substance to it. I would hope it would resonate with other women too since so many are working women. Also, she earned her success without riding on a husband's coat tails.

The street corner news conference was brilliant.  She answered every question clearly and precisely.  What would she do about this or that?  She answered explicitly. She took her lumps too but you don't hear her complaining about it or blaming some sort of conspiracy.

Okay.  I just wanted to touch base.  Things around here are getting back to some semblance of normal. In other words, I'm back.  Posts may be a bit brief while yard work gets finished up, but hopefully on a more regular schedule. 

4 comments:

Betty said...

Fiorina has failed miserably at every job she has ever had, where she was in any position of authority. Google her.

Talk is cheap.

Hope your eyelid is better.

Mari Meehan said...

I think what you've said is an over statement. Of course there are pros and cons in any rise to the top and certainly after you get there but consider what it took to get there. I'm curious too if you can explain away Hillary's alleged fiancial indiscretions and lack of governance ability while at State. Is the pot calling the kettle black??

Betty said...

Actually, I have never heard anything about Hillary's financial indiscretions, except on Fox. I assume you're referring to the Clinton Foundation, and no one has ever suggested any wrongdoing there. It's a private foundation, and they can accept any donations they want to. And her "lack of governance ability while at State is just your opinion, and you're welcome to it. Mine is a bit different.

Mari Meehan said...

Don't try to pick a fight. I'm not interested. You might want to expand your sources of information, however, away from FOX which I thought you didn't watch, and Google.