Sunday, March 27, 2016

Who's Left?

I've had it with the presidential candidates.  Really, out of a nation of some 30 milling people is this really the best we can do?  That's an old cliche if ever there was one.

I am beyond disgusted with all of them.  In fact they've become an embarrassment.  This bit about the wives is so pre-adolescent I can't believe either Trump or Cruz would go there.  But both have.  At this point I don't give a hoot if Cruz has had affairs.  We already know Trump has. Just look at past candidates and presidents and for that matter Congress.  There are so many that are morally challenged I can't begin to name them.

The only one tending to the business of running for president is Bernie Sanders.  I can't vote for him because I just don't agree with what he wants to do and how he wants to do it. But as far as having a moral compass, he seems to be it.

What about Kasich?  I had wanted him to get in the race but he has lost me.  He brags about what he did decades ago and he didn't accomplish anything strictly by himself.  I don't believe, either, that the mess the world finds itself in can be cured with "love".  Love is a two way street.  What we're facing is a dead end road and hopefully it will be ISIS and their ilk rather than us.

So on it goes.  I will be interested in seeing if Obama learns how to dance and if Hillary learns how to tell the truth.

I'm not holding my breath.

1 comment:

Linda said...

This race is sending me reading in all sorts of places, even read Conscience of a Conservative by Barry Goldwater. That shows you how desperate I am. I'm having trouble believing there were 5 women able to tolerate Cruz long enough to have an affair with him. I can fully understand his wife going through a period of depression. She's interesting to read about, much brighter than her husband. Now, on to Bernie & Hillary. I'm thinking I'll vote for Bernie in the primary simply because I want to support the young people following him. There's nothing in Hillary's campaign to attract them. They should be the future of the Democratic Party if we can ever get Hillary off the stage. I'm feeling a lot like Donald Rumsfeld when he said something like "You go to war with the army you have, not the army you'd like." I'll vote for Hillary but I'm not happy about it. I don't want Bernie, he's not a Democrat. Please tell me Hillary won't make another run in 2020, I can't bear the thought.