Monday, November 14, 2016

We DO Have Choices

I've been politiced out for some time as you may have noted from my lack of posts.  I took a total break a week before the election, voted my absentee ballot and headed for the New Mexican mountains to search for petroglyphs. All good things, however, come to an end.

I was not keen on Trump nor Hillary but of course one would win.  A rich buffoon or a grifter. We got the rich buffoon. I must admit he has been behaving himself since his win but I'm not holding my breath to see if it lasts.  He's already back on Twitter.

What's of more concern to me now is the senseless violence and protests going on because he won.  This puts a terrible face on the Democrats - they who have as much dissent in their party at this point as the Republicans have had since Obama first took office.

Why are we not hearing it soundly condemned by Democratic leadership?  Instead they are leading by example by doubling down on their vow to destroy the Trump presidency before he even gets started.  Why else would Pelosi et al be in conference with George Soros, the funding source for much of the chaos?

It seems to me the country is in even worse shape than I realized.  This behavior - protests that are really riots, states threatening to secede, sanctuary cities defying the law already digging in - this isn't the America I knew even a few short years ago.  This is a country on the brink of disaster.

I wasn't happy when Obama won his second term but neither I nor anyone who felt the same openly defied his re-election.  In some respects that re-election was even worse than Trump being an unknown entity.  We knew what Obama was, what he would do or more what he would not do.  Still no one took to the streets.

Frankly I'm sick and tired of universities providing "safe" areas for offended students and forbidding the use of certain words because they are offensive even to the point of forbidding certain Halloween costumes for the same reasons.  Enough!  I'm sick of students rioting in the streets.  Funded by who?  Their Parents?  Or the likes of Soros.  It doesn't matter.  I'm willing to wager they don't even understand why they're doing what they are.  I'm betting many of them don't even know who Trump is other than a name they were told to protest.

Since Trump will be our President I'm wishing him the best.  It isn't going to be easy guiding a country in the state ours is in.  We as Americans owe him support over those who would promote anarchy.  It's time to put away the pacifier and diapers and grow up.

To do anything else, frankly, would be "deplorable".


No comments: