Friday, January 20, 2017

Mr. President

Well, it's over and yet it's just beginning. Donald J. Trump is now the 45th President of the United States.  His wife is still drop dead gorgeous and his youngest son is still sullen.  And the world has not come to an end.

The only thing certain about things to come is that the President will continue to be Donald Trump the tweeter that shoots from the hip more than Bush did.  The cause is certain, the effect not so much.

All that being said, he is my President because this is my country and I'm proud of it. I would like to see the snow flakes stop taking a buzz word or phrase out of context and trying to make it into a major story.  I'm tired of it; it's no longer entertaining.  It's irritating and to them should be embarrassing.  Just as the Democrat members of Congress who opted not to attend should be embarrassed.  Didn't they get the message that most of us are tired of the divisiveness?  Don't they understand that the "we" Donald Trump preached was what we wanted to hear and did?

Their post election behavior has been so disgusting and diminishing to those behaving badly I can't help but hope our new President is so successful that the shame of the opposition will know no bounds. I can hope.

Now the scrutiny begins.  I'm sure I'll disagree with methodology along the way, maybe even some policy but however I feel I hope it comes from a depth of knowledge, not disparagement for the sake of disparagement.  No matter what I will be civil.

You've seen fences mended today, bruises are healing and respect overcame pettiness - at least at a certain level. The rest of Congress should take note of how it should be but they won't.  It will take strong leadership to over come it.  That is why Mr. Trump was elected. The people saw in him a strong leader. One who can handle those in Congress who are even more childish than he. Yes, he can bully but he can also cajole and he will have his hands full of the need.

It's time though.  A new day is upon us.  Godspeed Mr. President.

1 comment:

Word Tosser said...

Well, said.. and I agree.. some ways the Democrat remind me of the Republican when Obama came in.. except I think the Democrats have lowered the bar.
It irritates me to hear all say how bad it is going to be, before anything has even been done yet... I have a wait and see attitude. But really sick of the fake news, and being forward as real.. and all the naysayers without knowledge