Wednesday, March 24, 2021


 Time flies when you're having fun.  I received a notice from Google about a problem with this site so I came over to have a look. I had no idea better than two years had passed since I last wrote a post.

Wow.  Back in 2018 the country was already being torn apart with political strife.  Trump was raging uncontrolled and uncontrollable through his presidency acting every bit the self-indulgent man-child he is.


Charles Krauthammer had recently passed away. A man of intellect and courage.  I miss him still, today. And what have I been doing?  Well, I gave up blogging because it was becoming more and more difficult to remain civil in an uncivil society. I took to writing adventure/mystery stories for kids, hoping somehow that by inserting the values I was taught in my formative years might subtly resonate with those who read the books - be they youngsters or adults.

My hero is a Saint Bernard named Slobbers. That should come as no surprise to anyone who reads this who might also remember the early days of this blog.  It began as a recitation of things I thought about while walking my dog - yes, a Saint Bernard.

All that being said, I just thought I'd pop in and say hello.  I'm finding losing myself in my stories a bearable diversion from what has happened to us and our country over these years. Forget COVID.  I have no doubt the country would be just as divided if the pandemic hadn't hit.  We were well on our way back then.  It has, however, made the human condition worse.  People losing their jobs, businesses and even their lives due to government over-reach and hunger for power.

I find it hard to believe and harder to swallow how once respected people in government have devolved to the level they have.  Let me include the media in that. 

I'm way past young and optimistic now.  My hope is that I can live what I have left of life in as productive a way as possible. I may appear and opine now and then now that I've rediscovered a past self.  If anyone is really interested, leave a comment. Not that not leaving one will really matter.  You'll do what you're going to do as will I. Hope to see someone though, just for the fun of it!



No comments: