Sunday, February 27, 2022

It's Time for You to Go!


 I was surfing around late yesterday to see what was happening in Ukraine when I came across Donald Trump holding forth at CPAC.

I wish I hadn't. One thing for sure, he hasn't changed except for being a bit more overweight and having a bit more scalp showing through his hair.  Other than that, he doesn't seem to have changed a bit.  Everything that's wonderful with the country is because of him and everything that isn't is due to the stupid people who oppose him.

Do you have any idea how old this has become? He's still on the kick the election was stolen.  He's still on the kick that he 'understands' and admires Putin. Whew.  What a time to be expounding on that theme!

To my way of thinking, the dumb in the room was him! I'd like to think it would so upset the Republicans, they'd take him aside and tell him the party is over - and over him! Yet, I doubt that will happen. For some reason, people still seem to fear him. Oh sure, he can be nasty and can belittle you, but whatever happened to the old defense mechanism from when I was a kid? "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me." Ha. 

He did have some policies I agreed with.  He had many I did not agree with. His management style was chaotic. So where are the pluses in him running again? I can't find one.  Not a single one.

He's old. He's boorish and divisive. Perhaps the biggest minus of all is that he would be a lame-duck from the day he takes office because he's already served a term.

I'm sure there are some good Republicans testing the waters. Hopefully, there are also some Democrats who are willing to quit the lockstep routine with their leadership and step forward.

Only time will tell.  I can only be cautiously optimistic, but I for one would sure like to see a whole lot of new faces on the political scene.  Ones who reflect a love for our country and a determination to right the wrongs we've been made to endure because of personal or party agendas.

There was a time when the goal was what's best for the country and let's work out the best way to get there.  A little from one side, a little from the other, and a huge willingness to compromise. That was way back when we were truly the leaders of the free world. Does anyone besides me remember?





1 comment:

Word Tosser said...

What breaks my heart that there are soooooooooooooo many who stil believe in him... and a lot of them in high places.. my greatest fear that he will run again and get in.. in 2024.... I truly wish both parties would come up with someone.. someone of common sense.. someone who loves the country enough to do what is good for the country and not he parties..