Friday, March 25, 2022

What Am I Missing Here?

This is a woman - just ask her

This is a woman yet she cannot define herself

 That certain men feel they are, at heart, women is one thing. That they go to the extent of having body parts added and removed to reinforce their feelings, well okay.  They're the ones who have to live with it. Hopefully, they are happy with their choice.

I covered the subject of them competing in sports with genetically true women in a previous post so I won't go there again.

Today, I'm concerned with those among us who are women not being able to define just what

 

that means. Have we become so enslaved to wokeism we can no longer speak the truth?

Actually, it is the everyday woman who is saying, that's not a woman, that's a man! Period. Discussion ended. I so admire them for their courage, but then I don't think they give a hoot about being canceled.  They're much too busy trying to live their lives and raise their families.

 

 It is disturbing that a woman, who is a woman, a supreme court nominee no less, cannot bring herself to describe just what a woman is. It seems to be if you can't make a decisive description of what you yourself are, in actuality, you have no business sitting on the Supreme Court. How are you going to make a decision on anything?

Funny, when I was a little girl, I was what was called a Tomboy. Mostly, I think, because most of the neighborhood kids were boys and that's with whom I played. I loved sports far more than baby dolls. I preferred blue jeans to frilly dresses. Yet somehow, I never thought of myself as a boy.  I know, I know. I just haven't been there.

What I do remember, though, is when I discovered boys as being something other than an irritant or a playmate. I also remember times when I deeply idolized older girls. There was no label for any of that at that age.  It was called discovering who I was and what life was all about. Confusion wasn't a consideration.  It was just me becoming myself. I didn't need to talk to teachers about it nor did they suggest I do something without telling my parents.  It would have been unheard of.

So I grew up from adolescence into a teen and onto adulthood. I am a woman. I am married to a man. We don't describe ourselves with pronouns any more than we do by race or religion. Neither do we fear being canceled. We are who we are and aren't afraid of offending anyone. I'd like that from the people we look to place in power.

Maybe it's time to revisit the old Helen Reddy hit from the '70s - I Am Woman - I am woman, hear me roar...

Don't remember it? Google it.





No comments: