Friday, April 01, 2022

I "Woke" Up to a Disney Nightmare


 

Maybe we should have seen it coming. It hurts anyway.  You see, I loved everything Disney during my childhood and beyond.  I even made a few bucks as a kid painting the dogs from Lady and the Tramp for our annual church bazaar. For a time I dreamed of becoming an illustrator for Disney and might have had I gone on to study art.

As I was reflecting on those wonderful years it occurred to me that this shift to the woke culture at Disney may have been in the offing and we just didn't see it coming.

Did you know that there have been at least fifteen women of note who played Peter Pan?  Never mind that the smaller female stature made it easier to portray a boy.  

Here are some of the more recent ones whose names you might recognize: Jean Arthur, Veronica Lake,
Haley Mills, Mia Farrow, Sandy Duncan, Cathy Rigby, and Allison Williams, daughter of Brian Williams, late of MSNBC's anchor desk.

Just think, for hours and days at a time, these women all identified as a boy! Wowser.  Who knew? So be it.

To me, be it Orlando or any other Disney facility, they will not see one dime of my money until there are again ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls.  Period. 

Why is it that less than 10 percent of our total population feel they have the right to try and make the rest of us bow to their outlandish and ridiculous demands?  And why do corporations do so?  Even collectively, they don't have the buying power to put a company like Disney out of business. Every day, ordinary families do, however.  Maybe they should all boycott Disneyland and Disney World until this inanity stops.

Considering a one-day ticket for 10 years old and up costs $109, how can a young family afford it anyway? Figure airfare, car rental, lodging, and meals, it's a bank breaker! Maybe you should break their bank, not yours! Just saying...

2 comments:

John Dwyer said...

Welcome back: it has been some time. It's such a relief to find someone I sometimes disagree with that's writes well. I will be checking in a couple of times a week.
Grampa John ret

Mari Meehan said...

Disagree? You with me? Lol. I've learned a lot from you over the years when you have disagreed with me. I often write from the emotion of the moment, to be sure, and I've often not done enough homework. That may be the biggest lesson I've learned from you. Glad you're back, too!