Tuesday, June 24, 2008

It's That Kind Of Day

Note the yawn! It's how I feel. Bacchus is sound asleep. I could join him.

Nothing in the news has gotten me excited. We've got a vet appointment in a while. Worked in the yard all morning and am now wishing the appointment to get a cortisone shot in my ailing hip wasn't a week away. Ho hum.

Summer. Not yet summer temperatures. That comes later in the week. Today the breeze is gentle, the air almost crisp. The killdeer have a new nest out back. They made sure I got no where near as I was searching for the morning's crop of gopher mounds. The bare roots we planted earlier all have new growth and fresh mulch. The pond fish are darting among the plants in conga lines of hide and seek.

Summer. One lazy day.

2 comments:

Rinkly Rimes said...

I am new to Blogging and I've been browsing the 'Ageless' files for inspiration. I like your diary style. I write a sort of diary but all in verse. It may interest you as I am an Australian, and you're intersted in other people and places. My Blog's name is Rinkly Rimes and it is only one month old. We don't have a dog but we adore our daughter's little mongrel and ask him to visit whenever we can'
Brenda Bryant.

Mari Meehan said...

I'm always happy when a new person "discovers" me! We "older" bloggers are the best, you know. Lol.