Friday, August 15, 2008

What Does His Humor Say About This Man?

My Republican past keeps me looking at John McCain to find something to like. It is still within the realm of possibility he will be President. So far nothing registers.

Not only do I have no idea what he stands for other than what is politically expedient at the moment, I find his mean spirited negative campaigning totally tasteless. As is his humor as witnessed in his ape/rape joke and his bomb, bomb bomb Iran ditty.

Now I find he is tacitly endorsing Jerome Corsi's smear of Obama. How so? By having "no comment". To make matters worse, a Huffington Post piece even reveals that Republican stalwart, Mary Matalin, published the book and defended doing so by saying it "was not designed to be, and does not set out to be, a political book," but rather, "a piece of scholarship, and a good one at that." What am I missing here?

Many groups are now beginning to ask McCain to condemn the book. When asked for a comment McCain smilingly responded, "gotta keep your sense of humor". Is any of this funny?

McCain has accused his opponent of preferring to lose a war rather than the election. That statement is about as accurate as the assumptions made in Corsi's book.

I see it a bit differently. I see his opponent as a man who promised the American people a different type of campaign. Disregarding tons of encouragement to change his tactics along with a tremendous show of restraint and self-discipline, he has thus far refused to sink to McCain's level. To me that's to be admired, not scorned.

What did I find out about McCain? I think he's a man who has lost his grip on reality and would rather destroy a good man than lose the election.

If he does lose, it will be interesting to see if he has the ability to take it in good humor. Any bets?

4 comments:

Word Tosser said...

just shows how desperate he is...and how scared his is...
Let the New Yorker run a cartoon of him in a wheel chair pushed by his wife with a arm sling on, with him with the face he has here. Then lets see how much humor he has.

Rinkly Rimes said...

I still couldn't manage to get into Huckleberry! Never mind, I can thank you 'face to face' for putting me on the map in your part of the world! I do hope the gentleman who commented reads some more poetry, and not just mine!

Linda said...

There was a time I respected John McCain. What happened? Everyday gets worse. Can the American people not see this? I'm appalled when I hear the statements he's making these days. I'm not sure we need him in the Senate anymore, much less as President.

The New Arch Druid's take on the news said...

A decent man would not "jokingly" offer his wife to participate in a biker beauty contest.