Friday, February 27, 2009

Joe The Author

It hasn't even been a month since I last posted about Joe, but here he is in the news once again! Now he's an author! Man. Here I sit posting wit and wisdom day in and day out and he's the one who gets picked up by the media! Sometimes life is just not fair.

So he wrote a book. Or rather co-wrote it. The title, in case you want to run out and get it is "Joe the Plumber: Fighting for the American Dream." He arrived at a Washington D.C. Borders decked out in in a long sleeved undershirt and baggy jeans. A real everyman, for sure. He was given the requisite lectern and microphone and awaited his masses. What was learned? He has a propensity to call women "sweetie". He is no fan of Obama but didn't like McCain either. He considers the politicians he's met "liars and thieves". I wonder if the Republicans are going to keep using him as a strategist! He will not go back to plumbing; not that he ever was one. He plans to work in construction once his commitment to Pajama TV is over.

I somehow doubt that. He'll fade into the masses being hired because of the stimulus and having tasted fame I can't imagine his being satisfied with the anonimity of a construction worker.

Speaking of masses, about his: The book signing was scheduled to last three hours. It lasted 55 minutes. There was no report of how many minutes passed just waiting for an audience. Of six. Total books sold? Five.

Ah, well. I may not get paid. I've never even tried to write a book but I'm willing to wager I've more readers than he does! Maybe life isn't so unfair after all.

4 comments:

Betty said...

I am tempted to consider this proof that there is a God.

Margie's Musings said...

Me too! Jow the Writer wasn't too successful!

Sylvia K said...

Oh, I think I'm going to throw up! A book signing?????

Word Tosser said...

Boy, and and Palin sure have been stretching the 15 minutes of fame... lol..if it gets stretched any further, it might snap back at them.