Sunday, July 25, 2010

I'm Still Here!

Summer is in full bloom. The heat is in the nineties. Yard work, which is plenty on five acres, has to be done in the morning. Then, with pain in tow, there are the doctor appointments.

Nothing good on that front. The Botox didn't make a dent so after much consultation with all my attending physicians, I agreed to move on to stronger medication. Funny, the stronger it is the less expensive. Go figure. Anyway, the next stop is a neurologist. A new possibility has popped up which I don't care to discuss. I'm going to enjoy being in denial until that appointment next month.

Hub has been cleaning the office. Today is the first day I've had access to my computer for days. I feel like I've had a limb removed. But then, it's too hot to be in here; today I'm having a warm fix for my addiction to this thing.

With all the hoopla about the Netroots conference in Las Vegas this weekend, I picked up the book which my niece sent me for Christmas. Autographed by the author to me no less! Seems his daughter is a classmate of one of my great nieces. It's a very interesting read. It's giving me some thoughts on some structural changes in what I do here. I'll be interested myself to see if I can make them play out!

That's what I'm up to these days. The heat isn't scheduled to break for at least a week so unless we miraculously get this office, which is in our shop, air conditioned, my presence will be a bit sporadic. For those of you who hang around, thanks. As I said, I'm still here and the old thought processes continue!

2 comments:

Margie's Musings said...

Good to see you again. I have been worried about you.

My son says heat is not good for computers. Air conditioning would be a good move.

Word Tosser said...

I figured you were out on another one of yours and Hub's adventures..