Wednesday, July 05, 2006

The Way It Was

Ahhh, it was so nice reading about 4th of July celebrations in Bayview from Herb and Clark Fork from Cis. Takes one back to the days before big brotherism started taking the fun out of everything.

I love the community spirit of small towns like Clark Fork and Bayview where the residents have tremendous civic pride and take what they have to promote their towns and do wonderous things. I think the prize for most intriguing promotion of a celebration this year goes to Murray. Don't you love it?

3 comments:

Betty said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. I'm just now getting into it, and feeling a little more comfortable with it. By the way, I love your dog!

stebbijo said...

Thanks for the great post. I missed Bayview this year. Maybe next year. Want to plan it so I can make a camping ordeal out of it. You now have to reserve Farragut State Park ahead of time. Just can't drop in and get a spot.

As for Clark Fork, well I am doing my best to sell it. Go check out my latest rant.

Bay Views said...

So...What's a Maven?