Wednesday, June 04, 2008

The "Me" Generation

Last night should have belonged to Barack Obama. In his camp and with his family it did. With the media it was split between his historical accomplishment and Hillary Clinton's mean spirited lack of grace.

I am so tired of hearing how she has the "right" to get used to the idea that her hard fought battle has been lost. Nonsense. She's known it for quite sometime; if she hadn't she wouldn't have had to keep changing the rules to favor her. When Terry McAuliffe introduced her as "the next president" at last night's South Dakota victory speech it was a slap at Obama heard around the world.

We've a president now that has refused to recognize reality for the past six years and look at the mess we're in.   Similar tunnel vision is one reason I've not been drawn to Clinton - that, plus her sense of entitlement for which she's done nothing to earn.

For anyone who does not recognize the Clinton campaign has had nothing to do with the Democratic party nor the best interests of the United States, please, review her speech from last night. It's all about something. Hillary. Pure and simple.

Does Obama need her supporters?   To an extent and I believe most will set aside personal preference for good of party and country.

As much as I like what Barack Obama represents, I would rather see him lose the general election and maintain his integrity than win if the only way to do so is to give in to Clinton demands. And that's saying a lot because McCain frightens me too.

Someone needs to take her ego, lock it back in Pandora's box and throw away the key. Enough is enough.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a serious Obama supporter, I will have a terrible dilemma if HH is the VP choice. Actually, so will Obama! The hubris of this woman simply sucks all the oxygen from the planet./ CU

Lil ol' me... said...

Hey, Ms. Dogwalker...I have never been comfortable with Hillary, and I couldn't put my finger on "why". Until this post completely blew me out of the water. It's all about her, isn't it? She's maneuvered for power ever since she moved to New York and became a senator. I firmly believe she used that as a springboard to the Prezzidency. Unfortunately this year, Obama decided to run. And if she attaches her self like a leech to the Democratic ticket, I'M NOT VOTING. I ain't gonna vote for McLame, and I sure as heck ain't gonna vote for a power-hungry demagoguess like Hillary. It's not that I DON'T want a woman President. Just not HER. And yes, she kept changing the rules...half-delegates in Michigan and then whining over the split. I thought I was the only anti-Clinton nut out there. Glad to know I'm not alone. Although, I DON'T REALLY know what Obama represents. So far, he's promised, promised, promised, like everyone before me has done. I don't really care if he gets results; if he becomes President, I want to be PROUD of him. Something I haven't been since, oh, the post-Monica BILL Clinton administration.

Hillary is s-c-a-r-y.